Some people have told us they can not tell which Lisa has written which blog posts. Our first response to this is: Hee, Hee. We are shallow like that. Especially The Other Lisa.
However, intrepid readers, you are not alone in your inability to tell our writing apart. We often can’t remember who typed what in our WIP. And we are grateful for this. If our writing styles were too different, our novel would read as though it was written by committee. Instead it is written by two middle-aged women who mostly agree, but then rewrite and edit each other’s stuff . Then that gets rewritten and edited–and in the end we aren’t always sure who did what.
That Other Lisa is trying to foist all the mistakes on me. Fine, I say. I’ll take the heat. But I only sink to great depths because I want to soar to great heights. The witty dialogue? Mine. The poignant moments of tearjerking drama? Mine. The hilarious scene in which justice takes the form of dehydrated potato flakes? All mine. The Other Lisa will deny my genius. Don’t believe her.
Despite all the confusion, we really are two quite separate people. Some of you may know only Lisa A, others only Lisa B. A few lucky souls are fortunate enough to know both of us. Whatever your situation, we want to help you by providing a handy list of some of our differences. Here you go.
- Lisa A writes deeply moving passages examining the angst-ridden underbelly of modern society. Lisa B writes the naughty bits.
- Lisa B wears nicer underwear than Lisa A.
- Lisa A prefers to write in the morning. Lisa B prefers to write at night.
- Lisa B’s favorite coin is the Wheat Penny. Lisa A thinks it is goofy to even have a favorite coin.
- Lisa A likes being Lisa A. Lisa B is still bitter that Lisa A named her Lisa B.
- Lisa B has a small, but not entirely unattractive, tail. Lisa A wasn’t supposed to tell you that.
Hope this helps.
P.S. Check out our new header image. I think we might be in Germany. Achtung!